Earlier this month, European Union released a 2030 Digital Compass plan, targeting for 20% of global semiconductor production by 2030. Europe is certainly not alone on the way of seeking independency on chip design and manufacturing. But has Europe found the right direction to maintain its leadership and competitiveness in advanced semiconductor? Jan-Peter Kleinhans, a Germany semiconductor expert shared his thoughts in this video. Jan-Peter Kleinhans is Project Director of the Technology and Geopolitics topic area at Stiftung Neue Verantwortung (SNV), a non-profit think tank in Germany.
ijiwei Talk EP42: Why countries seek to on-shore semiconductor value chain?
- ijiwei Talk EP160: How could Chinese GPU players become competitive?
- ijiwei Talk EP159: AMD vs Intel vs Nvidia, more competition in GPU market?
- ijiwei Talk EP156: GPU prices are falling but the market is growing faster!
- ijiwei Talk EP155: Who raised graphic cards prices?
- ijiwei Talk EP154: Will Chinese suppliers get more important roles with Apple?
- ijiwei Talk EP153: Shortage keeps soaring, can Apple get enough capacity from TSMC?