Arguably, the most attractive feature of an open source is the price tag, or the lack of it. However, while user becomes fully responsible for correcting bugs, designing scripts and supporting all functions, is open source still a free lunch? In this episode, Dr. Roddy Urquhart explains the hidden costs of a free ISA. Dr. Urquhart is Senior Marketing Director at Codasip, and has solid technical experience in the semiconductor industry.
ijiwei Talk EP90: Is open source truly free?
- ijiwei Talk EP98: How many layers could 3D NAND take?
- ijiwei Talk EP97: How did Micron lose in the 3D XPoint gamble?
- ijiwei Talk EP96: Could Chinese companies thrive in the booming memory industry?
- ijiwei Talk EP95: Intel’s long goodbye to NAND flash
- ijiwei Talk EP94: How would Honor find its position in high-end smartphone market?
- ijiwei Talk EP93: Would Arm still be reliable when it becomes a competitor?