The slowing down of Moore’s Law raises a lot questions. While it is too difficult and expensive to add more transistors on a chip, is there a reliable way to improve processor performance in the future? In this episode, Dr. Roddy Urquhart explains how specialized processors could be a hit in the “post Moore era”. Dr. Urquhart is Senior Marketing Director at Codasip, and has solid technical experience in the semiconductor industry.
ijiwei Talk EP92: The future is highly specialized processors
- ijiwei Talk EP98: How many layers could 3D NAND take?
- ijiwei Talk EP97: How did Micron lose in the 3D XPoint gamble?
- ijiwei Talk EP96: Could Chinese companies thrive in the booming memory industry?
- ijiwei Talk EP95: Intel’s long goodbye to NAND flash
- ijiwei Talk EP94: How would Honor find its position in high-end smartphone market?
- ijiwei Talk EP93: Would Arm still be reliable when it becomes a competitor?