Though not well-known by the general public, ASML has built a close relationship with many companies in semiconductor industry. However, Zeiss keeps a unique position in this massive network since ASML has 25% of Zeiss stock. In this episode, René Raaijmakers discusses how ASML has shaped Zeiss, and how the new generation of EUV would become a turning point in the competition between TSMC and Intel. Raaijmakers is a respected semiconductor journalist based in Netherland. He is the Editor at Bits&Chips, author of books about ASML and Philips Natlab, and founder of Techwatch & High Tech Institute.
ijiwei Talk EP101: Turning point in Intel-TSMC nanometer tech war
- ijiwei Talk EP110: why does 5G need small cells?
- ijiwei Talk EP109: fast yet expensive, do we really need 5G mmWave connectivity?
- ijiwei Talk EP108: The inevitable regionalization of machine vision system
- ijiwei Talk EP107: Qualcomm VS Mobileye, competition of ADAS finally begins
- ijiwei Talk EP106: The unmatching numbers behind the EV bubble
- ijiwei Talk EP105: Why Apple shouldn’t make cars?